So I couldn't get up this morning. Not a surprise. My "reasoning" in the morning was because I went to bed too late. But Monday is always better. Here's what I want to do in the mornings:
6:00 am- 6:50 am: Lift weights
6:55 am- 7:15 am: Run
7:15 am-7:35 am: Stretch and eat breakfast
7:35 am-7:55 am: Read bible and Pray
7:55 am-8:10 am: Shower and leave for work
Here I go!
Using a blog as an accountability partner to accomplish my goals step-by-step.
Feasability
Perhaps mediocrity arises when we fear failure. It's quite simple; I call it the "sour grapes" effect. That is, if we really want something that is going to take a lot of effort to acquire, we take all means necessary to reduce that effort by convincing ourselves that we don't desire it anymore, or that it is unobtainable. By doing this, we successfully avoided the effort needed, and got rid of whatever we desired to do in the first place.
Take someone who smokes for example: "I really want to quit smoking, but life has been so stressful." The smoker in that statement has eliminated the desire to quit smoking by convincing his self that it is necessary to do.
I for one have many ambitions that I do not want to get rid of. That is why I have created this blog: an accountability partner for me to achieve my goals. If I blog what I want to accomplish and record my progress and thoughts, I am probably more likely to accomplish my goals. If anyone out there wants to join in this accountability- please feel free to copy my format and comment on my posts. We need all the help we can get- nothing is infeasible
Take someone who smokes for example: "I really want to quit smoking, but life has been so stressful." The smoker in that statement has eliminated the desire to quit smoking by convincing his self that it is necessary to do.
I for one have many ambitions that I do not want to get rid of. That is why I have created this blog: an accountability partner for me to achieve my goals. If I blog what I want to accomplish and record my progress and thoughts, I am probably more likely to accomplish my goals. If anyone out there wants to join in this accountability- please feel free to copy my format and comment on my posts. We need all the help we can get- nothing is infeasible
No comments:
Post a Comment